Airfare to Dhaka, Bangladesh
Major Airports in Dhaka
Dhaka is served by Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (DAC)
For cheaper tickets to Dhaka, consider the following:
- Fly mid-week and take advantage of the low traffic days
- Those used to colder climates might want to visit Dhaka from October to March. But the cheaper flights can be found from April to September
- Consider flying into Kolkata, India and traveling overland to Dhaka via train or bus
- Look for flights that go through large cities, with many flights
- For example, when searching a flight from London to Dhaka the price was $554 at two weeks notice. When adding a stop in Colombo, the itinerary priced at $766 for planning several months in advance and during the high season. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to look for flights on low cost carriers
Dhaka Travel Tips
Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh. Visitors are encouraged to dress conservatively and should keep in mind that alcohol is not served in traditional restaurants.
Biman Bangladesh Airlines is the national airline. However, Bangkok Airlines, Emirates, Singapore Airlines , Turkish and other airlines also stop in Dhaka.
Top attractions include Lalbag Fort, the National Museum and expat clubs, for a taste of foreigner culture.
For more information on Dhaka, check out BootsnAll’s Dhaka Travel Guide.
Photo by mariusz kluzniak