Airfare to Bali, Indonesia
Major Airports in Bali
The airport serving the island of Bali is Ngurah Rai International Airport , also known as Denpasar International Airport (DPS).
For cheaper tickets to Bali , consider the following :
- Fly mid-week to take advantage of the low traffic days
- April to September is the dry season which is, obviously, the high tourist season. If you want to save money but still enjoy good weather, April to May and end of September are good options. For those on a tight budget, the wet season is the choice (October to March)
- Consider flying into Jakarta and traveling overland to Bali via train, bus, or inexpensive ticket
- For example when searching a flight from London to Denpasar the price was $1,124 at two weeks notice but when adding a stop in Jakarta the price dropped to $961 for planning two months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Look for flights that go through large cities, with many flights
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to choose low cost carriers, too.
Bali Travel Tips
Bali is an island in Indonesia, and not actually a city in and of itself. The administrative centre and transport hub of the island is Denpasar.
Garuda Indonesia is the national airline. However, Qantas, Royal Brunei, Cathay Pacific and other airlines also stop in Bali. Low cost airlines such as AirAsia and Jetstar Asia also serve the island.
Popular areas to visit include the arts center, Ubud, the developed surfing areas of Kuta and Legian, and relaxing in Seminyak. The beaches are legendary, as are the plentiful cultural events and fantastic food.
For more information on Bali, check out BootsnAll’s Bali Travel Guide.
Photo by fabiogis50