Airfare to Jakarta, Indonesia
Major Airports in Jakarta
Jakarta is served by Soekarno Hatta International Airport (CGK).
For cheaper tickets to Jakarta, consider the following:
- Fly mid-week to take advantage of the low volume traffic days
- The dry season – which also means the high season – lasts between May and September. In order to save money, it’s best to plan your vacation from October and April.
- Consider flying into Colombo or Istanbul
- Look for flights that go through large cities, with many flights
- For example, when searching a flight from London to Jakarta the price was $800 at two weeks notice. When adding a stop in Colombo, the itinerary priced at $738 for planning several months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to look for flights on low cost carriers
Jakarta Travel Tips
Jakarta often gets a bad rap – it is the city that makes Indonesia run.
Garuda Indonesia is the national airline. However, Cathay Pacific, KLM and low cost airlines such as AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia, Lion Air and Valuair also stop in Jakarta.
While most travelers do not stay there for long, there are plenty of attractions for those that can fight through the feeling of being overwhelmed. Top draws are shopping around the fantastic Plaza Senayan and the always happening nightlife. For cultural activities, the Jakarta History Museum and National Monument are high on the list.
For more information on Jakarta, check out BootsnAll’s Jakarta Travel Guide.