Airfare to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Major Airports in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur is served by two airports
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL), domestic and international flights
- Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (SZB) , served by only two airlines operating regional flights
For cheaper tickets to Kuala Lumpur, consider the following:
- Fly mid-week and take advantage of the low volume traffic days
- Book your holiday during the off-peak season; April and September to November are the cheapest times to visit
- Consider flying into Kuching and traveling overland to Kuala Lumpur via train or bus and cheap flight
- Look for flights that go through large cities, with many flights
- For example, when searching a flight from London to Kuala Lumpur the price was $800 at two weeks notice. When adding a stop in Colombo, the itinerary priced at $738 for planning several months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to choose low cost carriers
Kuala Lumpur Travel Tips
Kuala Lumpur is Malaysia’s largest and busiest city. As the nation’s most commercialized center, it is also a hub for travelers and businessmen.
Malaysia Airlines is the national airline. However, Lufthansa, KLM and low cost airlines such as AirAsia also stop in Kuala Lumpur.
Commonly referred to by its initials, KL, Kuala Lumpur is noted for its shopping and dining opportunities – all at affordable prices. While in KL, visit the world’s second largest buildings, the Petronas Twin Towers, and catch a great view of the city from on top the KL Tower.
For more information on Kuala Lumpur, check out BootsnAll’s Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide.
Photo by papaija2008