Airfare to Kathmandu, Nepal
Major Airports in Kathmandu
Kathmandu is served by only one airport, Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM).
For cheaper tickets to Kathmandu , consider the following :
- Fly mid-week and take advantage of the low volume traffic days
- The best time to visit Kathmandu is from September to November and from February to April. October – November is the peak season so it’s best to avoid it if you plan to save money.
- Consider flying into Kolkata, India and traveling overland to Kathmandu via train or bus
- For example when searching a flight from London to Kathmandu the price was $719 at two weeks notice and went up a bit for flights during the high season. Click here to search this route
- When adding a stop in Mumbai the price was $719 for planning two weeks in advance and went up slightly to $860 for flights during the high season. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to fly on low cost carriers
Kathmandu Travel Tips
Nepal’s capital and largest city has not been untouched by the Maoist insurgency. However, the amazing buildings, friendly people and awe-inspiring views still remain.
Nepal Airlines is the national airline. However, Air China, Indian Airlines and other airlines also stop in Kathmandu. Low cost carriers such as AirAsia and IndiGo also serve the city.
Must-visit sites include the historic old city of Durbar Squares, the Swayambunath monkey temple, and any festivals taking place during your visit.
For more information on Kathmandu, check out BootsnAll’s Kathmandu Travel Guide.
Photo by mariusz kluzniak