Airfare to Colombo, Sri Lanka
Major Airports in Colombo
Colombo is served by two airports:
- Colombo International Airport (CMB)
- Colombo City Airport (RML) – a major domestic airport
For cheaper tickets to Colombo , consider the following :
- Fly mid-week and take advantage of the low volume traffic days
- November to May is the best time to visit Colombo, but if you plan to save money, plan to visit during the low season (May to August)
- For example when searching a flight from London to Colombo the price was $629 at two weeks notice and the price hasn’t changed even for planning months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Consider adding a stop in India. When adding a stop in Mumbai, the price changed to $672 for planning two months in advance during the low season. During the high season, the price increases slightly. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t forget to look for low cost carriers options
Colombo Travel Tips
Capital of Sri Lanka and home to the nation’s only international airport, Colombo is home to the oft-visited Jami Ul Alfar mosque, Galle Face Green promenade, and the visually stunning day-long festival honoring Buddha, called Vesak.
SriLankan Airlines is the national airline. However, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines and other airlines also stop in Colombo.
For more information on Colombo, check out BootsnAll’s Colombo Travel Guide.
Photo by cyriltw