Airfare to Taipei, Taiwan
Major Airports in Taipei , Taiwan
Taipei is served by two airports:
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) , international airport
- Taipei International Airport (TSA), domestic airport mostly with limited international connections
For cheaper tickets to Taipei, consider the following:
- Fly mid-week and take advantage of the low volume traffic days
- The most comfortable season to visit Taipei is fall, but that’s also the high season. In order to save money you can choose to travel during the damp months of February to April. Typhoons often occur from May to October.
- Consider flying into Shanghai or Beijing, China
- Look for flights that go through large cities, with many flights
- For example, when searching a flight from London to Taipei (TPE) the price was $1,090 at two weeks notice. When adding a stop in Shanghai, the itinerary priced at $896 for planning several months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to choose low cost carriers
Taipei Travel Tips
The most compact city on an already compact island, Taipei is home to the world’s tallest skyscraper, Taipei 101.
China Airlines is the national airline. However, Thai Airways, Vietnam Airlines and other airlines also stop in Taipei.
This international destination is home to fantastic hot springs in the Yangmingshan National Park, impressive memorials for both Chiang Kai-shek and Sun Yat-sen and a must-see collection of Chinese artifacts at the National Palace Museum.
For more information on Taipei, check out BootsnAll’s Taipei Travel Guide.
Photo by Fishtail@Taipei