Airfare to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), Vietnam
Major Airports in Saigon
Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) is the only airport serving Saigon.
For cheaper tickets to Saigon, consider the following
- Fly mid-week to take advantage of the low volume traffic days
- The best time to visit the city is between December and April, during the dry season; if you want to save money, consider the wet season (May to September).
- Consider flying into Phnom Penh, Cambodia or Da Nang, Vietnam and traveling overland to Saigon via train or bus.
- For example when searching a flight from London to Saigon the price was $799 at two weeks notice, but when adding a stop in Shanghai the price dropped to $776 for planning several months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t be afraid to opt for low cost carriers.
Saigon travel tips
Saigon, aka Ho Chi Minh City, is the former capital of the Republic of Vietnam. When this city fell in 1975, so did south Vietnam.
Vietnam Airlines is the national flag carrier of Vietnam, but Air France, All Nippon Airways, United Airlines and other airlines also stop in Saigon. Low cost airlines such as JetStar Asia Airways and Tigerair also operate flights to/from Vietnam.
Popular spots to visit include the War Remnants Museum and eerie Reunification Hall. While here, indulge in the culinary melting pot of cultures at any number of restaurants.
For more information on Saigon, check out BootsnAll’s Saigon Travel Guide.
Photo by williamcho