Airfare to London, England
Major airports in London
London is served by the following airports:
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR) ( international flights)
- Gatwick Airport (LGW) (both international flights and European low cost flights)
- London Stansted Airport (STN) (mostly European low cost flights)
- London Luton Airport (LTN) (mostly European low cost flights)
- London City Airport (LCY) (flights within Europe only)
- London Southend Airport (SEN) (European low cost and seasonal flights)
For cheaper tickets to London, consider the following :
- Fly mid-week to take advantage of the low-volume travel days
- Book your holiday during the off-peak or shoulder season (January-March, October-November)
- Consider flying into Dublin, Ireland; Amsterdam, Netherlands or Reykjavik, Iceland and traveling overland to London via other flights, bus/ferry or train. For example, when searching a flight from New York to London the price was $522 at two weeks notice, but when adding a stop in Dublin, the price dropped to $510 for planning six weeks in advance. Click here to search this route
- Check out carriers besides the national airline and don’t forget to look for the offers from the no-frills airlines (EasyJet, Flybe, etc)
London Travel Tips
London is one of the world’s top cities. It is an economical powerhouse, a cultural revolutionary and the most populous city in Europe. It caters to millions of visitors each year, serving dual roles as both a transit city and a destination in its own right.
British Airways is the national airline of the United Kingdom and its biggest hub is London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR). They also have a hub at Gatwick Airport (LGW). Air France-KLM, United, American Airlines and just about every other major airline in the world also stops in London plus a lot of low cost carriers, such as EasyJet , Flybe and BMI baby.
Tourists to London rarely miss the royal Buckingham Palace, free British Museum, Harrod’s overwhelming department store, The Tower of London and the nearby London Bridge and a number of other cultural and historical attractions.
For more information on London check out BootsnAll’s London Travel Guide