Airfare to Tehran, Iran
Major Airports in Tehran
There are two airports serving Teheran:
- Mehrabad International Airport (THR) – domestic and international flights; busiest airport in Iran
- Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKA) – international flights
For cheaper tickets to Tehran, consider the following:
- Fly into Turkey, Turkmenistan or Afghanistan, and catch a connecting flight on one of the Middle East’s budget carriers. For example, when searching a flight from London to Tehran the price was $451 at two weeks notice, but when adding a stop in Istanbul, the price dropped to $373 for planning two weeks in advance and $227 for planning months in advance. Click here to search this route
- Travel overland via bus or train.
- Depart on midweek low-volume travel days.
Tehran Travel Tips
Tehran, also spelled Teheran, is a bustling city located .at the food of Alborz mountain range.
Iran Air is the national airline. However, Emirates, other airlines also stop in Tehran. And you can also take advantage of the low cost carriers flying here, such as Air Arabia and Pegasus Airlines.
Re-create the horror of the Iran hostage situation at the frighteningly-named US Den of Espionage. Marvel at the complexity of the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini. Ride the Tochal gondola lift to see the city from above.
For more information on Tehran, check out BootsnAll’s Tehran Travel Guide.
Photo by Marco Fieber/Ostblog.org