Why you should add Maine to your Indie/RTW trip[All content and prices updated July 2013]
If lobster or other fresh seafood strikes your fancy, Maine is the place to get it. Those searching for a wilderness escape, rustic cabins, and cool walks along the ocean will find them all in this New England State.
- Looking to get away? Maine has tons of wilderness, particularly in the Great North Woods, and is one of the most sparsely populated states in country.
- Drive the coastline and explore the many small towns and over 60 lighthouses that dot it.
- Year-round Maine lobster at an affordable price - late July/early August sees the Maine Lobster Festival.
- Explore the coastal landscape of Maine in Acadia National Park.
- Hike and check out the pristine, crystal clear lakes and mountains of western Maine.
- If you happen to get tired of the wilderness and lack of people, head to Portland, Maine's largest city.