- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Cape Town, South Africa
One more paycheck and I’m gone
Cape Town – Johannesburg – Melbourne – Tokyo – Los Angeles – Rio de Janeiro – Recife – London – Zurich – London – Cape Town
Need a change and want to see the world before settling down, it has always been on my list of things to do in my life time.
Not having enough money, not being able to find accomodation (though have people to stay with in cities in route above except for Japan and Brazil) and going it alone.
Friends think it is a great idea and support it. Family doesn’t know yet.
Back pack, shoes, clothing, mat, sleeping bag, guide books, contacts, money belt, passport
I am hoping to find some more purpose through exposure to new cultures and ideas. I think it will allow me to settle down with the knowledge that I had done the extraordinary. It will open me up to possibities and remove me from my comfort zone.
Freedom!! Live free or die.
It is an adventure and not a vacation, a life without adventure is not much of a life.
That only a select few are capable of doing it.
See new people, places, cultures and expand my horizons.
Go for it!