- When did you go on your RTW trip?
- How old were you when you took this trip?
- Including your air ticket and other expenses (from accommodation to souvenir-buying), about how much did your trip cost?
- Where do you live now?
- Before your trip: Consultant
- Now: Consultant
- How did your travels affect your career when you got back?
- What is the route you took/places you visited?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- Out of all your experiences traveling around the world, what was the:
May 2005-December 2005
Trying to find another job that actually makes a difference in the world, where I won’t dread going to work, or dream about taking off on another round the world trip!
I’ve always wanted to travel around the world. I went to Europe 3 years ago and wanted to keep going then but had to come back and work. Finally after being fed up at work, I just decided to go for it.
- Best Moment
- Worst Moment
- Biggest Hurdle, Obstacle or Difficulty?
- Biggest surprise?
Driving in South Africa
Communicating in China
How smoothly things went
Winged it a lot
The trip made me realize that there is so much out there in the world to explore and so many people from other countries that have fascinating ideas on life. It made me much more open to ideas of others and made me look at the world in a much more appreciative way.
An absolutly unbelievable trip that was like a dream.
I started planning in my mind before I even got home …
You get to experience so much more on RTW trips and most of all, you get to leave all the stresses of work and life behind as you take in new cultures.
Keep your mind open to all possibilities and if something doesn’t work out, don’t stress out, just shrug and look for another opportunity.
Stop planning and just go!