- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
However much comes from house sale
North Carolina, USA
It’s my career
Route undetermined – Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, India, Egpyt, Israel, Russia, Turkey, Vietnam
We are looking for some adventure. We would like to experience something besides going to working every day. We have traveled internationally a little and are looking to explore some more.
C: We will kill each other. We have never spent this much time together.
J: Not being able to finish the trip.
Of the people we have told, the most common response is “Do it while you are young.”
We arent packing much.
C: We currently spend all of our time working. I think it will allow us to prioritize our lives differently.
J: Hopefully we will learn patience. And it will give us a better understanding of the world.
C: Can’t wait!
J: What will tomorrow bring?
It takes longer than a week or two to really get to know a culture. It would take a long time to get to see most of the world if you only get to travel 1 week of the year.
C: Can’t afford it.
J: That it is a year long vacation.
C: I like to explore new things!
J: Because I love to learn about cultures and foods from other countries.
Just do it!