• Home >
  • RTW  >
Author: Sean Keener

Air New Zealand RTW Ticket

It might seem that any RTW ticket offered exclusively by Air New Zealand might be too limited to appeal to many people, but as long as your itinerary includes the same destinations covered by the Air New Zealand Round the World ticket, it could be ideal.
The Air New Zealand Round the World ticket covers the South Pacific and Asia really well, and with Air New Zealand’s partner airlines there’s also good coverage in parts of Europe and the United States as well. There are pretty strict limitations in terms of the number of stopovers you can have and where those stopovers can be, but again – if those restrictions don’t interfere with the itinerary you were crafting then they won’t cramp your style at all.
Here’s what you need to know about the Air New Zealand Round the World ticket when you’re comparing it against other RTW ticket options.

  • What kind of traveler is this ticket best for? – An Air New Zealand Round the World ticket is best for travelers whose itineraries concentrate on the South Pacific and Asia, and where a couple of stops in Europe and the US thrown in for good measure are considered bonuses. The starting point for this ticket can be outside New Zealand and Australia, but there aren’t any North American starting points for this ticket.
  • What airlines can I fly with this ticket? – You can fly on Air New Zealand and its partner airlines such as: bmi, Lufthansa, Swiss International, Austrian Airlines, SAS, KLM, Air France, Iberia, British Airways, Air Pacific, Air Tahiti Nui, and Alitalia.
  • How long is the ticket valid once I start my trip? – The Air New Zealand Round the World ticket is good for 12 months from the date of your first flight on the ticket.
  • How many flight segments are on this ticket? – There is a 7-stop maximum when booking an Air New Zealand Round the World ticket.
  • Are there any required stops? – No.
  • What’s the maximum flight mileage I can accumulate on this ticket? – Because the Air New Zealand Round the World ticket is based on a limited number of stopovers, there isn’t a mileage maximum on the ticket.
  • What are the restrictions on this ticket? – The cities you can choose from for stopovers are limited by the network of airlines on an Air New Zealand Round the World ticket. In Asia you can choose from Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, and Osaka. In North America you can choose from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, or Honolulu. And in the Pacific Islands you can choose from The Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, or Tahiti. In some cases you can add more stopovers for a fee per each stopover.
  • Are there any bonuses that come with this ticket? – This isn’t limited to travelers on the Air New Zealand Round the World ticket, but Air New Zealand treats its economy class passengers pretty well, with seats that recline more than average and a new cabin configuration set to debut that will allow three side-by-side economy seats to turn into a comfy sleeping couch.
  • Anything else in the fine print I should know about? – Air New Zealand offers its Round the World ticket in economy class and business class, like many RTW tickets, but it also has a premier economy RTW ticket for something sort of between the two.
  • How can I book this ticket? – The Air New Zealand website has an interactive route planner where you can structure your RTW itinerary and then book right on the website.

>> More information about the Air New Zealand Round the World ticket
photo by Charaka Ranasinghe