• Home >
  • RTW  >
Author: Sean Keener

Rolf Potts No Baggage Challenge RTW

In 2010 BootsnAll partnered with travel writer and author of Vagabonding, Rolf Potts, to put on the No Baggage Challenge. Rolf took a 6-week round the world trip where he brought absolutely no bags with him. We don’t expect you to recreate his trip by not bringing any luggage, but you certainly can recreate the stops on his epic adventure.
 

The No Baggage Challenge RTW trip brings travelers to some of the biggest and best cities in the world. This would be an awesome trip in and of itself, but it would also be super easy to customize to meet your travel wishes.
All trips on Indie are fully customizable, so feel free to change the order of destinations, add or subtract any, and change dates in order to get the best trip and price for you.
Here are the highlights of this trip:

  • Start off in one of the world’s most visited and popular cities, London.
  • Take the chunnel train from London to Paris.  Though it’s uber-popular and filled with tourists year-round, you can still have an indie travel experience in Paris.
  • The northern African cities of Casablanca and Cairo come calling next. The cultural capital of Morocco is worth more than a stopover, and most travelers have the Pyramids on their must-see lists.
  • Add a safari to your list when you head to Johannesburg.  Kruger National Park is one the most popular safari destinations in all of Africa and is only 3-4 hours outside of Jo-burg.
  • Fly to Bangkok then travel overland to Singapore, taking as long or short a time as you desire through Southeast Asia, one of the top backpacker destinations in the world.
  • Australia and New Zealand are up next, and who doesn’t want to visit these two far off lands (especially if you’re from North America or Europe)?  If you visit in the summer, the outdoor possibilities are endless.
  • Then it’s back to New York City through both Los Angeles and Las Vegas – three world class cities that most travelers want to get to one day.  So why not make it all on the same trip?