Why you should add Arequipa to your Indie/RTW trip
- The White City is very unique, as many of the buildings are built of white volcanic sillar.
- Arequipa is surrounded by three volcanoes, making for fantastic views no matter where you are.
- It's a great base for hikes and trips into Colca Canyon, the second deepest canyon in the world.
- Monasterio de Santa Catalina is a unique and impressive site to visit - an over 400-year-old convent that was completely closed to the public from its inception in 1579 until 1970.
- The Plaza de Armas in the center of the city is a great place to hang out and take in the beautiful city.