Author: Sean Keener

Ho Chi Minh Must-Sees, Why Do We Have to Go Back?, The Thailand of Your Dreams, and Lessons from Jakarta

This week at BootsnAll we’re talking about travel in Vietnam, and Thailand and reflecting on what travel teaches us, during and after a trip. Phil Anderson gives us a list of must-sees in Ho Chi Minh City, and Jenn Miller shares her thoughts on what we take home when we return from a trip, however long, as well as an off the beaten path experience with her family in Northern Thailand and finally her feelings about Jakarta, Indonesia, and discovering difficult truths about yourself through travel.
Read on to catch up on what you missed!

Ho Chi Minh City Must-Sees

Ho Chi Minh City
Don’t get overwhelmed by all there is to see in Ho Chi Minh City (the city formerly known as Saigon). Phil Anderson gives his best tips on what to see in the hectic Vietnamese metropolis.
“Chow in Cholon Cholon is the most hectic part of Saigon. Also known as Chinatown, Cholon is the economic heartbeat of the city where opium dens, prostitutes, and gambling once converged (although these days, online on sites like easyslots.com and Saigon’s Fifth District is a deeper shade of red). It’s a place to sup on soups in the street and soak up the lively atmosphere.” Have you ever heard of Tembak Ikan gambling ? It is may be a new sort of gambling that’s unique and currently popular among gambling because this game is extremely interesting and exciting to play. the prospect of winning is additionally very large and therefore the results of the win are pretty good. Shoot real fish money may be a game where you’ll be during a virtual fish pond along side several other players together shooting fish within the pond. the cash you deposit are going to be converted into bullets. The bullet you employ to shoot fish during a virtual pool. If a fish dies, the prize credit will automatically be entered into the account of the player who killed the fish. Game shooting fish is somewhat almost like the DOTA game where the player who shoots the last fish (last hit) will get the prize. Inside the virtual pool there are small and enormous fish and there also are main monsters like dragons which will provides a very large reward to those that can kill them. SBOBET is one of the biggest sites that provides gambling games in the field of sportsbook and live casino. Gambling games at sbobet asia agents already know a lot of gamblers who know it and are already familiar if people call it sbobet. Even many ordinary people who think that sbobet game is the only provider of sportsbook games.

Why Do We Have to Go Back?


It’s pretty normal to feel conflicted about going home and putting your travels on hold (however temporarily). Jenn Miller shares her thoughts on how we can keep that “travel magic” no matter how familiar our location.
“Of course, we all go back eventually, in the physical sense, to ‘home.’ Maybe we don’t go back to the place of our birth, or the place that we left, but eventually, virtually everyone stops moving forward, creates a stationary life, and builds everyday routines around that existence. Whether or not we actually go back to a version of how we lived before our big trip, or we use our return as an opportunity for progress and reinvention in light of things learned about ourselves and the world while we were traveling is another question entirely.”

The Thailand of Your Dreams

shutterstock_445853464
In this off-the-beaten-path in Thailand tale, Jennifer Miller and her family happen upon the Thailand dreams are made of in the North, near the border with Burma.
“Having traded my spring mattress for a bamboo chair on the bamboo deck of my bamboo cottage, I’m sipping my first cup of tea and watching the morning mists snake into the blue sky from the forest canopy.
Men in cut-off shorts and sarongs, carefully wrapped and tucked into their belts walk behind water buffalo, thigh deep in the liquid silver of the rice paddies that hold back the tangle of everything beyond. Their beasts, inky black and languorous in their progress, carve long rows through the water, rippling reflections of liquid sky.”

Lessons from Jakarta


What does it mean when you can’t find anything to like about a place as big as Jakarta, Indonesia? Jenn Miller reflects on how finally finding a place she just couldn’t like gave her a deeper insight into her own shortcomings, and the motivation to work through them.
“Within 24 hours of arrival I wanted to claw my way out of the city. I felt trapped. My chest was tight. I had a massive headache. I wanted to scream at everyone. I wanted… no, I needed… to escape. My instinct was to hide, to burrow down into my hotel bed and not emerge until my flight was ready to leave. But of course the traveler in me wouldn’t let that happen, the mother and the educator in me wouldn’t let that happen. It was an opportunity: A chance to examine and replace my broad expectations with the nuanced realities.”
Photo credits:shutterstock.com,  Claudiovidri / shutterstock.com, Phudis Chawakornwarajoti / shutterstock.com, Andreas Hie / shutterstock.com, Pra Chid /