Author: Jenn Miller

This Week on BootsnAll: Indonesia, Elephant Tourism, Southeast Asia & Winter Festivals

This week on BootsnAll we’ve been talking about travel in Southeast Asia: How to plan an extended trip and how to travel like a local in Indonesia. We’ve also been thinking about elephant tourism and whether it’s ethical. Looking forward to 2016 we put together a round up of ten awesome winter festivals to break up the post-holiday blues. Check ’em out!

Travel Like a Local in Indonesia

indonesia thumb
Indonesia is a very diverse country, made up of thousands of islands and many different people groups. From the biggest city of Jakarta, which has more people than the entire country of Canada, to the tiny islands that are remote and feel untouched, there’s a lot here to see.
If you’re planning your trip, and Indonesia is on your list, you’ll want to check this one out.

Elephant Tourism: Is it Ethical?

elephant thumb
Elephant tourism is popular in many countries, but is it ethical? How does a conscious traveler tell if a particular elephant camp is ethically run or not? What should we look for in the cost, running, and in the animals themselves?
Pam MacNaughtan breaks it down and introduces a camp that sets the standard for ethical elephant tourism in Thailand.

How to Plan an Extended Trip to Southeast Asia

SEAthumb
All of your questions are answered here. One stop shopping for your Southeast Asia planning. From how to get around, to finding lodging, arranging visas and recommendations on where to go, Adam Seper has been there, done that, and this piece is designed to help you plan.
Don’t miss it.

10 Winter Festivals in North America

fest thumb
It’s easy for winter to feel like a long slog after the holidays end. Don’t let the seasonal blues hit this year. The antidote: Winter festivals! We’ve collected ten of the best in North America to add some adventure to your mid-winter calendar.
Enroll in a ski marathon in Canada, participate in a reindeer run in Alaska, ride a snow shovel behind a galloping horse in Colorado, or fish for eelpout in Minnesota. Whatever you do, don’t miss the roller derby at the ski and snowboard finals in Whistler, BC!