Author: Jenn Miller

Travel the World for LESS in 2016

The buzz in the travel world this New Year is exchange rates. Some countries have won big this year, others have lost some ground. Regardless of whether you are holding the skyrocketing US Dollar in your wallet, or you’re feeling the pinch of a currency slide, we have good news for you!
This year we popped the cork on our usual Top 10 Indie Destinations article for January and put out FOUR instead. Focusing deeply on the places that have opened up in the past year, those that are hot deals as of recently, and those that remain a great value, even in a down economy.
There’s very little overlap, although the recommendations for one currency will apply to some of the others. Americans win the biggest this year and every single one of the destinations we highlight is a deal for them. Wondering where you should go this year? Budget a consideration? We’ve got you covered:

10 of the Best Value Locations for Australian Dollar Travelers in 2016

AUD 2016 Thumb
The Australian Dollar might not be as strong as it was two years ago, but there are still plenty of great places to visit. Check out:

“Burma is back. It has become a hot destination over the past couple of years. As the political situation stabilizes and Burma begins to open its doors to the world, the intrepid are heading there before it becomes a standard stop of the Southeast Asia tourist trail. The Australian dollar is worth more this December than it was at the same time last year, giving travelers one more reason add it to their trips.”

10 of the Best Value Locations of Euro Travelers in 2016

EUR Thumb
The Euro is still a very strong currency and Europeans are avid travelers. This year Canada is a particularly good value for most Europeans, but there are some other unusual places too:

“For Europeans looking for a comfortable, yet exotic, “easy” destination, New Zealand is hard to beat. The exchange has remained great for Euro holders in 2015 and should remain promising into 2016.”

10 of the Best Value Locations for Canadian Dollar Travelers in 2016

Euro Thumb
Canada’s currency has had a rough year and, as a result, some Canadians are tightening their belts and staying home. No need! There are still places where the Canadian Dollar goes much further than it does at home, and some of them are places that not everyone you know has already been to! Here are a few ideas:

“Nicaragua is the most inexpensive country in Central America and as such it makes lots of sense for Canadians, with a flagging currency, to spend their winter vacation there instead of in more expensive Mexico or Belize.”

10 of the Best Value Locations for US Dollar Travelers in 2016

USD Thumb copy
Check out the amazing deals available around the world on the strong American Dollar. 2016 looks like a GREAT year to plan your big around the world adventure and save significant money while you’re doing it.

“A year ago, the Dollar only offered a 15% advantage north of the border. This winter it has fallen so far that the exchange rate offers an almost 40% “discount.” Prices on hotels and services have not jumped, so travel to Canada offers a substantial return on investment for Americans.
You read that right: The entire country of Canada is like a 40% off sale.