What is BootsnAll?
BootsnAll provides a suite of services for Indie Travelers
1) Exclusive Original Content cultivated by editors and researched by travel writers and bloggers, including:
- A daily original feature travel article
- The web’s most comprehensive and updated Around the World Travel Guide
- Travel newsletters to fit your needs. Daily, twice monthly, and RTW-focused
- Indie Travel Guides that focus on Why or Why Not go to destinations
2) Indie Travel Community
- Traveler Profiles of real people doing Indie Travel
- BootsnAll Message Boards – Q and A from one of the web’s oldest and dedicated spam-free travel boards
- Staff members available via email, chat, and phone to help you plan you trip, even if you don’t use our services – we want you to go!
3) Travel Booking for Indie Travelers
- first of its kind, Multi-Country Flight Finder
- Hostels, Hotels, Camping and other accommodation
- Travel Insurance Expert on staff who ONLY helps you get what you need. No over-insured here!
BootsnAll’s purpose is…
to cultivate an organic community that encourages independent travel.
Because indie travel is the best way to get an education. Folks that do indie travel are more tolerant, understand that we are more alike than we are different, and are happier for having explored the world. Is this you?
Like what you see? Get started by subscribing to our Daily Dose:
Or connect with us via Social Media:
Have travel questions? Call us: 1-866-549-7614 (or 503-528-1005 from outside the USA)
BootsnAll Travel Network
237 Chkalov Dr. Suite 210
Vancouver, WA 98684, USA
A Condensed History:
The BootsnAll Travel Network was started by backpack-around-the-world type travelers in 1998.
Co-founders Chris Heidrich and Sean Keener turned down investment and buyout offers during the first dot-com boom in 1999, despite having no revenue and no business model to speak of, and supporting themselves by doing a newspaper delivery route for two years. 15 years later, the BootsnAll Travel Network has grown into a community of over 100,000 members.
As of 2010, BootsnAll has been virtual with staff based in several cities around the globe after being based in Eugene, OR (1998-2002), then Portland OR (2002 – 2009)
»Learn more about the BootsnAll staff
Other Facts “About Us”:
- We have been in the travel business and online since 1998.
- We love hearing from travelers – including meeting up when our paths cross.
- We are available by email and even by phone – a real person answers your calls and your questions.
- We are intent on finding the information you need, no matter where it is.
- We have information for every stage of a trip – from when you’re planning your trip to when you’re on your trip to when you get back from your trip.
- We have more than 400,000 posts on our message boards, and more than 10,000 travel articles to inspire and inform. Write for BootsnAll
- We are always building new tools for the independent traveler, and if we find a tool elsewhere that we like we share it – we believe the online travel market is a collaborative place that should make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- We value feedback and want to hear what you like and what you don’t like about BootsnAll – we are always looking for ways to improve.