Author: Sean Keener

This Week on BootsnAll: Let's Talk Travel Writing

Travel writing sounds like a dream job (“Get paid to travel!” or “Fund your travels with a blog!” promise the ads for travel writing courses) but the reality is that making a living from your travels isn’t as easy or glamorous as it might seem. Whether you’re just sharing your adventures with family and friends via your blog or aiming to earn a living from writing about your experiences, it’s wise to learn more about what you’re getting yourself into and what you can expect as you get started with travel blogging.
Last week, we explored the benefits and challenges of starting a travel blog, and this week we’re digging deeper into the world of travel writing. In preparation for TBEX 2011 in Vancouver, we’re looking at how you can get the most out of a travel blogging conference, with tips on being professional, networking and staying organized amidst the chaos. Later this week, we’ll get a language lesson with a look at some popular travel sayings and where they come from, and learn more about one cliche than should never appear in your writing. And if you’re not convince blogging is how you want to fund your trip around the world, we’ll also present several alternative careers that not only encourage, but require travel as part of the job.
Also be sure to follow the BootsnAll twitter account this week for the best tips and advice from the TBEX conference, and check in next week for a round up what we learned at the event.
More resources for travel bloggers:

Photo by TBoard