Why you should add New Hampshire to your Indie/RTW trip[All content and prices updated July 2013]
One of the blueblood New England states, New Hampshire is known for its close-to-city skiing, natural beauty, and fall foliage.
- Head to the White Mountains for all the hiking and skiing your heart desires.
- Mount Washington, the highest mountain in the Northeast, is another great hiking and skiing destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Mount Monadnock, is one of the most climbed peaks in the world. If you hike to the top on a clear day, you can see six New England states.
- For wildlife viewing, drive "Moose Alley" along Route 3. Going at either dusk or dawn gives you the best opportunity to see these mammoth beasts.
- When people think of America, they often think of small town country fairs, and New Hampshire has some of the best in the country. June to October is fair season, so get a taste of local culture at the Deerfield Fair, Stratham Fair, and any number of fairs in between.