Print this page and cross stuff off as you go, or just bookmark it (hit CTRL-D) and come back as often as you need.
- Destinations. What are the places you’ve always wanted to visit? Check out our WhyGo sites to get inspired and make a list of places you’d like to go on our your trip. Grab some travel magazines, surf some online sites, hit the bookstore and library for travel guides and books.
- Visas. Once you know where you’re going, figure out visa requirements for individual countries and get the ones you need.
- Plan a budget. Based on how long you want to travel and where you want to go, determine how much your trip will cost.
- Start saving money for your trip. Every little bit counts and you’ll be surprised at how fast the savings add up.
- Health & shots.If you need malaria, rabies or any of that, find out what you need and get it taken care of. Click here for health suggestions.
- Pack.Everything you want to take, pack it up. Then unpack it, take away about half, and pack again. Have a friend come over and help narrow it down