- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
$20k plus an income of 300 a week from back home as i need it
It’s my career
still in the planning stages but countries i would like to visit south america, china, vietnam, cambodia, laos, philipines, tukey, spain, greece. japan India, south africa. no set itineray really, just go with the wind.
there comes a point in your life where you need to take some time out and nothing appeals to me more than leaving all my aquired material assets behind. Taking only my backpack, and just going… no responsibilties, no commitements, just me and the world…ahhhhh,
diseases, malaria, hep, etc.
yes and no, some cant understand why i would leave a comfortable lifestyle, others are envious and wish they could join me.
Planning is for tourists
only what fits in my backpack, no luxuries,
it will be a big part of my personal development, sometimes we are too busy making money that we let life slip by.
The thought of just me, my backpack and the world excites me.
cant go far in 1 or 2 weeks.. no longer would you say hello, then goodbye.
that you wont come back!!!!!!!!!!!!
meet people from all walks of life and cultures. i like to get off the beaten track and away from the all the touristy spots. Its just so rewarding when locals invite you into their homes, be it a hut, shack or mansion.
Dont do too much planning, study a lot on every place you go but be flexible.