- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
One more paycheck and I’m gone
Starting off in Hanoi, Vietnam then travel through Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand,Malaysia and Indonesia
Almost a year ago I decided to really start planning, but I have been thinking about doing it for about 5 years. It never seemed like the right time nor did I have the guts before to give up all the securities I have.
That I’ll run out of money before I’m ready to leave.
Some of my friends are suppotive. My parents don’t want to talk about me leaving as my mom would rather I stay close to home. Secretly I think my dad likes the idea of me going on another adventure but he doesn’t tell me that. He might even be a bit jealous…
Winged it a lot
I’m packing just enough for a week. I would like to travel light but that means leaving all my scuba gear behind and I’m not sure if I end up doing that.
I have no idea how it will affect my life but all in all I hope it makes me a nicer person.
A bit anxious, but sooo glad I’m getting out of the ratrace for awhile.
It’s the way to experience other cultures more indepth.
It costs a lot of money and the world is too dangerous a place to travel in.
It’s in my genes I guess. I have been travelling all over the planet ever since I was 6 months old.
Don’t plan too much !!!