- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
€10k so far
One more paycheck and I’m gone
Overland from India to Nepal, Tibet, China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. However, we are completely open to change. We plan to see as much as we can but at our own pace.
Simply, it feels like the right choice at the right time. Neither of us are ready to settle down and have kids yet. And, besides family and friends, we don’t have any real ties.
That we might not come back!!! Oh, and malaria.
Family and friends are very supportive. My work mates don’t know yet!
We are travelling ultralight: 3 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of socks, 1 pair of jeans,1 pair of cotton pants, shorts/swimming trunks, long sleeve top, long sleeve shirt, fleece, rainmac, sleeping sheet, 2 t-shirts, travel towel, teva sandals, hiking boots, medi kit, toiletries(min), swiss army knife, one travel guide,mosq net and lots of deet!
Hopefully, we will understand ourselves a bit better. We might even discover what we really want to do with our lives. We are open to ALL experiences and will try anything!!!
I don’t think anyone should do anything! Do it beacuse you FEEL like doing it. To challenege yourself, your ideas, your conditioning,etc.
That it’s not for them. That it’s too expensive and too dangerous.
Because I like to do something new everyday. I like to wake up in the morning and not know what’s in store…
Just follow your feelings. Only do it because you really want to. Don’t do it because everyone else is. Make your own plans, prepare and go!!! Don’t listen to anyone else. EVER!!!