- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Co Kildare, Ireland
One more paycheck and I’m gone
Bangkok,Laos,Vietnam,Cambodia, Malaysia, Sinapore, Perth (overland to Sydney)New Zealand, Fiji, LA, San Francisco and back home.
It’s something I’ve always dreamed about and I knew if I didn’t follow this dream I’d always regret it.
U gotta follow your dreams!!
I’m scared I’ll run out of money! Female travelling solo so there’s the safety aspect too.
They’re all supportive but some are worried about me going on my own. They think I’m a bit mad but also know it’s something I have to do.
As little as possible..(but I haven’t started packing yet!!)
I think it’s going to have so many positive affects on me, meeting new people and seeing interesting places can only be a good thing. I think it’ll make me even more independent and a better person in some way.
Scared, excited and nervous!
2 weeks is fine for a holiday, to get a break from it all, work etc. A RTW trip allows you to gain more insight into the people and their lives.
That it’s too expensive. I think if there’s a will, there’s a way.
I love to see new places, try different foods and see how other people live their lives.
If it’s something you really want to do, then just do it! You’ve only one shot at this life.