- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
50K for 2 people including all transportation
31 and 32
field of science and biotech
we’ve been to France, Italy, Greece, Cook Islands and New Zealand
China, SE Asia and India (9 months), Africa (4-5 months), South America (5-6 months)
Our 3 weeks of vacation just isn’t enough to really get us into the culture and meet people. We love to travel and realize that an adventure like this is something we both have wanted to do for a long time……now we need to do it.
Creepy toilets and creepy-crawlies!
My family are supportive and a little nervous for us – it’s a small town thing with them. Our co-workers have no idea and will definitely flip when we tell them…..hopefully for the good…I think some (very few) will be happy and understand why we need to do this, others will be indifferent and there will be some that will think we are throwing away our life for a simple “look-see” at the world……not looking forward to those conversations!
since July of 2004 we’ve been planning – not over-planning but making sure that we have thought of storage for our vehicle, household items, immunizations – this is not a small task. As for the book planning – we don’t want to overplan, but we don’t want to miss out on anything either…
Packing as light as possible. Our indispensable iitems are definitely our camera and our sense of humor about everything that is going to really freak us out!
We don’t want to lose site of what really matters in life – I mean, we know what matters but really stressing yourself to the point where you REALLY know – that’s key….We’re hard working and have all the nice and new ‘things’ and we keep up with the Jones’, (hell we might even be them) but I think that a person can lose touch with what REALLY matter if they’re not careful. We’re aware of this and want to do something about it…How do you think it will affect and change you as a person? That’s what we’re looking forward too – we really don’t know, but we’re excited to find out!
The culture! The people! I have never, ever been able to emerse myself into a culture in 3 weeks….it’s just enough time to relax, travel a little and see some sites…….for us we need more time!
What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling? That it’s a vacation! This is going to be work people!!
Exotic people, different ways of life, relaxing by a beach, seclusion on that beach with the guy I love
Don’t skimp on the money so you can only afford to be sitting in your hostel watching TV in another country – whoopy! I’m sure you can do that cheaper in your own house here at home….Make sure you take enough with you to experience the trip and the adventures. We want to make this as great as it can be!