- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
Don’t have a route – but I know where I want to travel to- japan (2nd visit)
My business is tea and I am eager to learn how other cultures embrace their unique individual style of tea ceremonies.
regions with war and other civil conflict
To the Nth Degree
not sure yet as it depends on my route. still poring over packing lists from other traveler’s websites.
travel always changes people. perspectives and interactions between cultures has always fascinated me. Objectivity is also important.
one or two-week vacation is such an antique way of traveling esp from a north american perspective. stay home and renovate your house instead. being herded off on tour busses or shut inside resorts, what can one possibly learn from that except aggravation.
knowledge and understanding
learning bits of new languages
read read read
ask lots of questions