- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Regina SK, Canada
It’s my career
We are planning to fly to Sydney Australia, being there in time for new years, travel around parts of Australia for approx 5 weeks, fly to Egypt for 1-2 weeks, and then finish with 5 weeks in spain and portugal
My boyfriend gets a sabbatical after 7 years of working for his company, so this was the perfect opportunity to do something like this
saving enough money
Family is very supportive, most of our family enjoys travelling too. The only people who havent been supportive are people who have never been anywhere
camera is most indespensable, hoping to pack light, I dont want to carry much weight
it will motivate us to move away from where we are living now.
that its too expensive, if you plan ahead you can save enough money. and alot of people are scared of diseases, as long as you do your research you should be fine
seeing different cultures than my own
dont overplan… usually the best times are the ones you dont plan