- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
I Ain’t Never Comin’ Back
Emergency field medic
It’s my career
still deciding, I would like to start in Europe, then go to Asia and afterwards Africa… then who knows
I learned that I no longer loved my country and that was the day I decided to move… with my travels I hope to one day find another country that I can call my home
Going out alone into a world I don’t know and ending up in serious trouble with police or such
They love it and hate it, but they all understand that I am doing it and as such are going to support me. The only condition is that I have to put them up when they visit me one day.
My first aid gear, dog, passport, id, computer, change of clothes, money, tarp, sat phone
I am going to decide who I am and what I believe… Then I will build my life around that.
help I am a newbie
because you really need to emerse yourself in a culture to understand it and you need as many reference points to guide you in your choices… you just grow more
ummm, that every country that isn’t a friend of the states is a terrorist country waiting to kidnap and bomb you, most people regardless of culture are honest nice people
learning new things
plan guys plan, make copies of everything you own and scan important papers before you leave and whenever you get another and then store them on a email account.