- When did you go on your RTW trip?
- How old were you when you took this trip?
- Including your air ticket and other expenses (from accommodation to souvenir-buying), about how much did your trip cost?
- Where do you live now?
- Before your trip: sales/ marketing
- Now: freelance photograplher
- How did your travels affect your career when you got back?
- What is the route you took/places you visited?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- Out of all your experiences traveling around the world, what was the:
October 2000-January 2002
$38,000 for 2 people
Portland, Oregon, USA
Finally got the guts to pursue my passion – made the switch from corporate life to beginning my own business as a freelance photographer.
French Polynesia, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Palau, Philippines, Sabah, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal.
I’ve always loved to travel and see the world through a fresh perspective by immersing myself in new cultures. My travels beforehand had been limited to 3 month trips, but I’d met others(mostly Canadians and Australians) who managed to travel extensively on limited budgets.
- Best Moment
- Worst Moment
- Biggest Hurdle, Obstacle or Difficulty?
- Biggest surprise?
my best memories are highlighted in my photographs – impossible to choose just one
Thinking we ran out of $ and had to come home
kindness of strangers
Suchard – a Thai who we met and worked with guiding rock climbing and building/photographing his website – by helping him he taught us more lessons than we contributed, mostly about following our dreams in our everyday lives.
Most of my clothes
Realization that I have control to live my life differently. I became more humble and patient while at the same time learned to embrace freedom and adventure.
Can’t wait to do it again!
Definitely, travel is a part of my life and will become a part of my career as I establish my photography business.
It takes time away from your regular routine to make lasting changes in your life and to fully experience other cultures with open, unjudgemental eyes. A RTW trip allows you to set your own pace depending on your moods vs a strict itinerary or package tour.
To live life simply.
That it’s just a big vacation.
To rejuvinate myself, live life to it’s fullest, see the world through fresh eyes.
Just decide to do it now, there’s never an ideal time. Often ‘roughing it’ or letting serendipity guide your trip can be the best way to go.