- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
not enough yet!
One more paycheck and I’m gone
London to Delhi, a few weeks around North India and Nepal. On to Hong Kong & Bangkok, a few months trekking around South East Asia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand etc. Sydney for the New Year, 3 months working our way up the east coast to Cains. NewZeland, South America, Canada, New York and Home.
My Career is stalling at the minute; I’m young in good health so why not go now nothing to leave behind. I got into this type of travel as I’m not a big fan of resorts, especially the ones in Spain where they have turned areas into Blackpool with sun. My friend Amanda influenced me to take the trip with her, both in the same boat career and age wise.
may be the paper work, visas and Inoculation papers to get into the countires.
After the Are You Nuts? Don’t go to Iraq bit, they are supportive; I get a lot of questions on the subject. People like to give you bits of travel information tips etc. many wish they where coming along.
some good travel gear first aid kit, inflatable pillow, quick dry towel. most indispensable item suncream I burn very easy, a nice shade of pink with hints of red.
I’m gong to spend a year away from family and friends, thats along time. I may be a more humble and patint man when i gwet back after traveling through different cultures.
I’ve been on two week breaks to place and come back and found out I missed loads of stuff. two weeks isn’t time enough to see many places.
They Can’t do it. With specialist travel shops and the internet it isn’t hard, a little time consuming but not hard.
Seeing new places, different cultures and languages what’s not to like. Broaden you horizons
we wrote down all the places in the world we would like to see before we die, then joined the dots and planned a route around some of them. Plus take you time think about where you want to go, and how much you want to spend.