- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
Not fixed but very likely to be either:
– China, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey and then Europe or
– Parts of Africa and Europe
Desperately needed sabbatical.
Don’t care what they think.
Winged it a lot
Just absolute basics. Indispensable is the camera.
I think it will make me braver, more inquisitive and adventurous.
It must be done.
It’s a commitment to an experience. It’s being outside one’s comfort zone. It’s about discovery and living life. A one or two week vacation is easy and predictable and it serves a different purpose.
Sense of adventure, discovery of new things, beauty of the world, reason to live.