- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
I Ain’t Never Comin’ Back
One more paycheck and I’m gone
Florida, San Francisco, Tahiti, Cook Islands, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Maylaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma, India, China, Vladivostok Russia –> Trans Siberian Railway trough Moscow to St. Petersburg, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Ireland, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, South Africa, Western Sahara, Brazil, Peru, Anguilla, Virgin Islands British/U.S., Cayman Islands, Bahamas
Why not take this kind of trip? You only live once. I don’t want to die tomorrow not having seen all of the places I want to see or not having done all of things that I want to do.
As of now, none.
I have not yet met one person who is supportive. Everyone I have talked to says that it is a waste of time and in the end I will not have gained anything, only wasted money. I couldn’t disagree more.
Considering the amount of travel advice online screaming “I took to much, I could’ve left it all at home!”, I will be taking a few T-shirts, a pair of pants, pair of shorts, two pairs of socks, pair of running shoes, pair of sandals. thats all folks…
I don’t know. I can’t wait to find out though!
I can’t wait to go!
Whatever makes you happy. If you like to take a break from your life to relax somewhere exotic for two weeks, thats great. I want to make travel my life.
I have no idea, maybe that its impossible..? Maybe thats why I want to go; to prove to myself that it is not so unattainable.
I like that feeling of being in a new place. It makes me feel alive.
If your heart starts beating faster when you think of going to all of the far away places that you thought you would never see, then I think that this kind of travel is for you. I will have more advice upon my return (if i come back). =]