- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Billing/Accounting Spec/AutoBody Tech
It’s my career
9/30/05 (1)Fly from Seattle to Las Vegas
10/01/05(2) Fly from Las Vegas to Mexico City
10/01/05(3)8:45am Fly from Mexico city to Merida
Takes buses through to Belize then to Guatamala City, Guatamala
12/15/05 Fly from Guatamala City to San Jose,Costa Rica
2/1/2006 Fly From Costa Rica to Ecuador
Takes busses and trains through to Lima Peru
7/1/06 Fly from Buenos Aires to London
EuRail to-France,Italy, Spain,Ireland, Portugal
9/28/06 Fly from London to Seattle
COMING HOME FOR 3.5 MONTHS
1/15/07 Fly from Seattle to Hawaii
2/1/07 Fly from Hawaii to Guam
3/1/07Fly from Guam to New Zehland
4/1/07 Fly from New Zehland to Austraillia
6/1/07 Fly from Austraillia to Vietnam (Japan)
6/15/07 Fly from Vietnam to Thailand
7/15/07 Fly from Thiland to India
9/15/07 Fly from India to South Africa
11/1/07 Fly from South Africa to Brazil
11/15/07 Fly from Brazil to Dominican Republic
1/15/08 Fly from Dominican Republic to Seattle
We didn’t want to wait until we were old & falling apart to backpack & see the world, so we decided now was a good time.
What got us into this?
We saw this show on Public Televsion Called ” ALONE IN THE WILDERNESS” about a man named Richard Proenneke decides to go live in the mountains of Alaska alone. He makes everything from what’s around him..Cabin, tools..ect..
He is pretty much self sufficant.
Check it out:
Getting Very sick & us having to come back & cut out trip short!
Family & friends have been very supporitve of us going on this trip. Everyone we have told says they are very jealous and wish they were doing something like it or had done something like it when they were young.. they do say they are going to miss us a ton!
We are backpacking it so
2 pair of everything needed to wear.
Panchito (small monkey)
MP3 Player(16 hours worth baby)
An open mind and a great attitude!
I think when we get back our life will have changed in that we will want to love life as much as possible(even More so) and live simply…giving more to others & thinking less of us!
I also think it will change us & our views of any Bodily & earthly possessions. I know that we take a lot for granted living in the US…it will change the way we view life & what we have…I have a feeling we won’t be taking much for granted after being out there…or at least think twice to appreciate it!
Eagarly waiting & very anxious to see another reality, to see Another WORLD!
We’ve been on a regular 1-2 week vacations & although it’s great. The think that we hated the most was that we had to go home before we were just starting to enjoy being wherever we were…We were just starting to get to know that people, the culture, the quaint places to eat…….Why not stay a lot longer & get to know it all & some!
That you need alot of money and you don’t!
It gives us the chance to get out of our element, out of our everyday lives, out of our reality and into so many others!
Use your resources…Ex:books (Lonely planet), friend’s tips & Invites to visit them, the web is awesome as well….and Just go for it!!! You don’t need much & your life will be there when you get back! As I see it…. when I’m old looking back on the memories….I can say I went RTW….it changed my life and I’m a happier, better person because of it!
Thanks so much everyone for reading. Have an fabulous day,
Warm Wishes, Ivan & Nancy