- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
One more paycheck and I’m gone
New York, London, (Eurail around Europe), Casablanca, Johannesburg, Rio de Janeiro, Costa Rica, Mexico City.
I have been travelling off and on since 1971. I have missed some countries and would really take a complete RTW, lacking funds but plenty of time. May be my last chance at my age.
Insufficient funds due to living completely from retirement pension.
Does not matter, I have always decided what I want to do.
To the Nth Degree
first aid kit, blood pressure medicine (6 mos supply),minimum clothes, writing material, 3 credit cards, several picture ID’s
I will grow even more, satisfy life-long dreams of freelance travel and writing and teaching.
I am a citizen of the world and planet Earth is my home
To satisfy there dreams and know first hand what you have always wondered and wanted to do.
The world is not safe, certain countries may dislike Americans and to travel would be dangerous
It broadens my horizon, I enjoy meeting new people and travelling. Enjoy the adrenaline rush of the idea of travel to distant countries and an opportunity to teach and give back what I have learned.
Just do it! Exercise your freedom to do it.