- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Portland, ME, USA
I’ll come back if they’ll have me
Los Angeles-Honolulu-Figi…the most basic/cheapest!
To grow and learn as a person and see the world that I live in. I also love meeting new people to teach me new ideas and different views.
Being held back due to lack of money. How much should I bring? I figure a lot.
Yes, they are very supportive. They love the idea.
I am taking advice currently on what to pack…mostly from this website.
In a most positive way. I guess it is a major learning experience, which is exactly what I am after.
I am completely stressed, excited, anxious, and totally nervous.
To see as much of the world as they can while they can before we die.
I am not sure. I don’t know anyone personally who has done it.
The learning and broading of my horizons…as cheesey as that sounds.
I’ll have to wait to see…but so far make sure to save your money.