- When did you go on your RTW trip?
- How old were you when you took this trip?
- Including your air ticket and other expenses (from accommodation to souvenir-buying), about how much did your trip cost?
- Where do you live now?
- Before your trip: finished school
- Now: student
- How did your travels affect your career when you got back?
i was finally sure what i wanted to study
- What is the route you took/places you visited?
south africa, australia, new zealand, usa, bahamas
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
couriosity and longing for adventures
- Out of all your experiences traveling around the world, what was the:
- Best Moment
- Worst Moment
- Biggest Hurdle, Obstacle or Difficulty?
- Biggest surprise?
one of the best moments: sleeping on the beach on fraser island and waking up to “sparks” (coldplay)
realizing that i almost forgot my passport on the bahamas
see to worst moment – trying to get back on the other island to get passport and then get back on time
meeting a friend again in NZ which i first met in SA
- Who is the most memorable person you met on your trip and why?
- How much planning and preparing did you do?
- What was your favorite piece of gear?
scarf i bought in spain, cuz it had a million uses and guitar
- What did you bring, that in hindsight you could’ve left at home?
- How did your round-the-world trip change your life? How did it affect and change you as a person?
in a lot of little ways that add up to something bigger i was before, but you are always changing, so this is really hard to answer.
- If you had to sum up your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
“allem anfang wohnt ein zauber inne”
- Are you planning more trips and travels for the future? Are you planning another round-the-world trip?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
i don’t think everybody should, but if you do go, YOU know why.
- What is the most valuable thing you learned?
relax and be amazed
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
people who have not been on one usually think you are always alone.
- Why do you like to travel?
….cuz i’m talking about soulshine, it’s better than sunshine, better than moonshine it’s damn sure better than the rain;)
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
be ready to be amazed.
January 2005-July 2005