- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
My girlfriend dumped me.
My cat will die while I’m away. (he’s 14 years old.) Also, that my gear will get stolen.
Very supportive, envious.
Winged it a lot
Camera, laptop. Most indispensable? My passport. My shoes, visa card.
I think it will help me find peace, patience, and understanding. I hope it helps me to figure out where I want to live in the world.
This may be the first time I go around the world, but I don’t think it will be my last….
Because most people are morons, and I mean that in the nicest way. I imagine it’s much more difficult to remain a moron after you have travelled around the world for a year.
It’s impossibly expensive. It’s such a huge commitment.
It recharges my creativity and lust for life.
Don’t sweat the details. Get a general idea of you plan and just go. Things will fall into place.