- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
New York City, USA
It’s my career
New York-Southeast Asia, Overland up to Beijing, Beijing to Johannesburg, overland to Cairo, fly to Berlin, or maybe Barcelona, then I don’t know, come home?
I spend my life working, not seeing the rest of the world. New York feels small. HAve saved some dough, my career is one I can return to. Work to live not live to work.
Will the long overland voyages be “too much”?
Will I run out of money?
Will I suffer from pointlessness and anomie?
Friends highly supportive. Family mostly supportive.
Winged it a lot
I’m going to bring very little. If the people there need it, they have it for sale.
I want to open up my mind and my senses to what else is out there besides work in NY
This is more of a lifechanging thing. I’m ready to turn a big page in my life. I’m somewhat dissatisfied.
I have no idea.
It’s eye opening and constantly stimulating and interesting.
haven’t done it.