- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
Starting in Thailand. From there Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, China, maybe Myanmar and who knows where else!
I have been kinda planning this trip since i got back from the last big trip 5 years ago (India & Nepal) then i inherited a bit of money and couldnt think what else to spend it on.
Suppose i got into this type of travel during the 1 year working holiday round Oz
trying not to think about it
my mum would far rather i was traveling with somebody but apart from that everybody has been very supportive (if a bit jealous)
planning on traveling light. i guess the most indispensible item would be zip lock bags
ohh i am sure it will change my life but how im not sure yet, its part of the fun finding out
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i cant wait
its not for everybody and i know many folks who would hate to be without their creature comforts ect but for those that enjoy it it give far more chance for life and adventure to find you
that is is from 18 – 25 year olds only. some of the most prolific travellers i have met have been aged 40 plus.
nothing else offers as much freedom and chance to meet new people.
Its also pretty fun to party as much as you can whilst travelling.
Pack as light as you can