- When did you go on your RTW trip?
- How old were you when you took this trip?
- Including your air ticket and other expenses (from accommodation to souvenir-buying), about how much did your trip cost?
- Where do you live now?
- Before your trip: HR assistant
- Now: costumer care representative
- How did your travels affect your career when you got back?
- What is the route you took/places you visited?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- Out of all your experiences traveling around the world, what was the:
March 2005-October 2005
Not sure yet as I just started work again and haven’t really looked for a job that would be my dreamjob this one just pays the bills at the moment.
Started in northern Vietnam then slowly worked my way south into Cambodia and Laos. From Nothern Thailand all the way to Southern Thailand. Onto Malaysia and from Sumatra (Indonesia) through Java down to Bali.
I always loved travelling and made a good deal with a former employer that provided me with a lot of extra money so I decided to do this before maybe settling down.
- Best Moment
- Worst Moment
- Biggest Hurdle, Obstacle or Difficulty?
- Biggest surprise?
So many but one that stands out was the trip to my grandmother’s birthvillage in Java
the one night I spend alone in a room full of huge roaches
can’t think of any
how much I hated the touristy areas
So many people have been memorable, but one person stands out a guesthouse owner in Melaka malaysia, she took me to local places to eat every single day 3 times a day while I was there and loved seeing me eat and she didnt let me pay for any of it.
Winged it a lot
A tiny little wallet that I got from a friend. Very handy and useful.
Pretty much all my clothes and toiletries
I live every day with passion and realise money is really not that important as long as I have enough to pay for food/drink and bills.
life changing, challenging and loads of fun a good learning experience!!!
Absolutely more trip but then I’ve always done that would love to go on another RTW trip but that means I have to start saving !!
Go because you won’t regret it !! It can be challenging and life changing and make you a better and wiser person hopefully !!
People are what make the world !!!
It’s scary and people you cannot communicate with will take advantage of you !!!! Both are just BS…
Because it’s fun, educational and just plain lovely to do !!!
Don’t plan to much, take only 1/4 of the stuff you plan to take with you !!!