- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
Boston, Fiji, NZ, China, Thailand, India, Kenya, UAE, Egypt, Morocco
Had saved up a ton of vacation time at work that I had to use or lose; wife works at the same place and got unpaid leave of absense for the 2.5 Months. We love traveling and we decided to take the opportunity to see parts of the world we’ve never seen.
Getting Very Sick
They are supportive and/or jealous
Winged it a lot
2 Short Sleeve Synthetic Shirts
1 Sort Sleeve Cotton Shirt
1 Long Sleeve Synthetic Shirt
1 Cotton Pants
1 Convertible Pants
1 Rain Pants
1 Rain Coat
1 Fleece Jacket
Rebound Condensed Guide Books (most indispensable)
Hopefully our views of the world will be more our own rather than the garbage piped through Fox News, etc.
Hopefully we will appreciate what we have more and also learn to appreciate things others in the world have that we do not have.
Surreal; So strange that I’m sitting in my cube today and traveling to these exotic places in 2 days.
To break the routine and enjoy the opportunity
You can’t do it
To see people, places, and cultures that are different than my own