- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
about $15,000 CDN
It’s my career
Toronto – NZ, OZ, Fiji, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Japan, Turkey, Western Europe and Back
I have travelled extensively over the last 18 months (US, Western Europe, all across Canada) and want to see more of the world! And I’m graduating after having been in school for the last 22 years straight, so I deserve a break!
Language barriers while travelling alone.
Everyone is very supportive.
Winged it a lot
Not much. Just the necessities. And comfortable shoes will be invaluble.
Not sure. I’m not going to ‘find myself’ etc etc. I just like to travel.
I can’t fucking wait!!!
Again, not sure. I haven’t done it yet.
To see new places, meet new people, experience other cultures, etc etc.
Ask me when I get back (if I ever return!)