- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
Charleston, SC, USA
It’s my career
Austrailia to Thailand to Nepal to India to Amsterdam to Prague to France to Italy to Greece to Spain to Egypt to South Africa
I have become bored after only three years of the so-called professional life and truly believe that there has to be more than this mundane life!
That my boyfriend and I will end up hating each other instead of deciding to get married and I will get stuck in a foreign country all alone!
Supportive, intrigued and jealous!
Only the most essential items
I am hoping that it will make me a more rounded person and help me to “find myself” and have at least one epiphany about why I am here
I just can’t wait.
Get out of your comfort zone and maybe you will realize that you aren’t who you think you are. People define themselves by their material possesions and simple relationships, especially here in America
That it is dangerous
Because you are able to constantly discover new things about yourself and the person that you sre traveling with
Hopefully when I come back I can give you some