- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
After airfare, about $6,500 USD
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Waitress and ESL Education
One more paycheck and I’m gone
Meeting up with my travel buddy in Dakar, Senegal for some fun, then we’re off to Morocco, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Thailand, and finishing my leg of the journey in New Zealand.
My roommate and I have decided that since we’ve graduated college, we may as well avoid the “real world” of work, by getting out to experience the real world.
Running out of money.
They have all been extremely supportive, most have expressed a “Wow, I wish I could do something like that.” To which one must reply, “You Can!”. The others think I’m a little crazy, but well, things are more fun that way.
Attempting not to pack too much. But finding this very challenging.
I hope it will bring me an even greater understanding of the world and its cultures. I hope it won’t exhaust me too much, and leave some energy for more travels in the future!
So very, VERY excited!
Travel awakens the soul. You can not experience a place or a people from within a hotel in an all-inclusive vacation. You have to get dirty in order to live a little.
That you can never do it, it’s too expensive. Just GO!!!
I love people, I love worldly food, I love sunsets, I love hiking to the top. Any view I have ever struggled to reach has always been worth the climb. Travel gives you stories to tell, it makes life interesting.
Just Go! Work two jobs, live off one, save from the other. Buy your ticket and embark on the world! Everything will work out in the end.