- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
It’s my career
Starting in UK and working my way from there. Hoping to get to Africa, Eastern Europe and if money and time permits Nth & Sth America
It was either the career or a RTW trip. The trip won hands down. It’s taking me out of my confort zone.
Running out of money when i am in a fab spot of the world or being homesick
All are very supportive and think that it is a brave thing to do and most of all think it’s an adventurous thing to do.
Enough to get by and for me to carry on a backpack. Most indispensable items would be my passport, money and my credit card.
Am hoping to be more patient and to be able to wing it more rather than planning to the nth degree.
Sacred, excited and so happy it’s finally happening after months of travelling.
1 week vacations only gives you a taste of what a country has to offer. RTW trips, whilst takes a lot of planning and can sometimes be stressful. Also on a RTW there is plenty of time to explore. Who knows where you end up!
That it’s hard to do and that they are not cut out for it.
It is so exciting to arrive in a new place, you never know who you are going to meet or what your going to see. The memories are fantastic.
Don’t think twice, just go for it. I never thought i would be cut out for it and i won’t know for sure until I get home.