- When do you leave?
- How long do you plan to be away?
- How much have you saved?
- How old are you?
- Where do you live now?
- Is this job one that you actually like, or are you only doing it to pay for the trip?
- Have you traveled around the world before?
- What is the route you plan to take/places you plan to visit?
- Why did you decide to take this trip? What got you into this type of travel, and/or influenced you to go?
- What is your biggest fear about this trip?
- Are your family, friends, co-workers, etc., supportive of you? What is their opinion of your going around the world?
- How much planning and preparing have you done?
- What are you packing? What do you consider your most indispensable item(s)?
- How do you think your round-the-world trip will change your life? How do you think it will affect and change you as a person?
- If you had to sum up your thoughts/feelings about your round-the-world trip in one sentence, what would it be?
- Why do you think people should go on round-the-world trips? Why not just take a regular old one- or two-week vacation instead?
- What is the biggest myth that people have about round-the-world traveling?
- Why do you like to travel?
- What is your advice for people planning their own RTW trip?
26 & 30
I’ll come back if they’ll have me
CR- that it will end?
RPK-money/getting on the wrong side of the law
Yes! Emphatically. Except the would-be best man and maid of honor. They’re supportive but reluctant to miss the opportunity to give a toast.
CR- gaucho pants. medicine. maybe my pillow. I know that whatever I bring I’ll probably end up losing or trading in along the way.
indispensible: flip flops
RPK- full backpack
Indispensible: comfy shoes and deoderant
CR- Well we’ll be married for one. I’m hoping to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
RPK- I’m turning 30, leaving the States, getting married, and seeing the World in just over a summer. It’s going to make things a whole lot bigger.
CR-This is what I’ve been waiting for.
RPk- The destination is in the ourney. I know that’s the corniest darn thing i could have said, but it’s true.
CRT- I like to go on vacations too. RTW is an adventure.
RPK- cuz there’s a whole world out there to see
I guess we’ll find out!
that new car smell
we’ll get back to you on that one…